Carrot and Courgette Fritters
Cooking time: 25 Minutes
½ cup of quinoa 1 Carrot ½ Courgette 1 Egg 25g Flour ½ tsp Grounded Cumin ½ tsp Curry Powder ½ tsp Coconut oil
2 tablespoons soy sauces
1 table spoon rice wine vinegar
- Add water and quinoa into a sauces pan and bring to the boil. Then simmer for 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa is cooking, grate the carrot and courgette and mix them in a bowl with the other fritter ingredients.
- When the quinoa is cooked add it to the other ingredients and mix together.
- Melt the coconut oil in a frying pan then add balls of the fritter mixture into the pan and flatten slightly. Cook for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- Just before serving mix the soy sauces and rice wine vinegar dipping sauces together in a bowl.
My notes: These work well in lunch boxes or as a quick snack. They also are a good way to get your children to eat more vegetables throughout their day.
Good morning everyone
Everyday, you will see a thought for the day posted on here. You should read it as a class, and have a quick discussion about it. Perhaps you could also finish your day by gathering your class’s thoughts and opinions as well?
If you were the Prime Minister, what would you do to make sure everyone in your country was as healthy as possible?
Your teacher can write their ideas below in the comments, or you can log on yourselves to answer the question. Why not ask parents and grandparents as well?