Go Banana’s – Banana Bread Serves: 12 Cooking time: 20 -25 minutes
- 3 ripe bananas
- 85g of coconut sugar / or caster sugar
- 50g butter
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 170g of self-raising flour
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- Pre heat oven to 180 degrees
- Bash banana and sugars together in a large bowl
- Melt the butter and stir into the banana mix. Then sieve in the flour and add the baking powder and cinnamon.
- Pour the mixture into a greased or lined tin loaf and bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- Check the banana loaf is cooked by placing a clean knife into the middle of the loaf. If it comes out clean then it is cooked.
This is a great treat for children to have in their lunch boxes. Please be aware that it does come out slightly darker if you use coconut sugar, but taste just as good.
Coconut sugar is a natural sweetener and is a good substitute for white sugar. It is better for your gut as it contain inulin, which has the ability to stimulate the growth of bifidobacteria which help to restore the good bacteria in your gut. Coconut sugar also holds traces of vitamins and minerals, which is why it is a good substitute. However, we can not kid ourselves and remember this is a treat and eating too much of any sugar is not good for you.